About Me

Hello Students, Parents, and Administration,
My name is Ashley Fontenot. I have just recently gotten married to my boyfriend of three years. I am the middle of three girls and i'm a strong family person. I received my beachelor degree from the University of South Alabama and plan to get my master's degree in the summer. I am motivated and really looking forward to teaching the students this year. I know they will have a great time learning!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tools and Strategies I plan to use in the Classroom

First of all, I plan on beginning my first day or so getting to know one another. I plan to do fun little icebreakers that will get the children's attention and also introduce one another. Throughout the semester, I will incorporate activities that relate to the material that we will be discussing in class along. This will also include various activities that relate to the different seasons.

The class could sponge paint leaves when talking about the different seasons such as Fall. We could make liberty bells when discussing freedom during our history lesson. When doing math we could do use more hands on. We could also learn things through singing songs. Little riddles help so much for small students. When reading stories I plan to stop a few times to ask questions about the story and allow the students to respond.

No comments: